Day 9: So Many Fruits and Vegetables

I haven't been to the gym since Saturday and it's bugging me. I need to be better at planning. Tonight I am going after work and have decided on 30 minutes of run/walking on the treadmill if my hips can handle it and back/shoulder/tricep work for strength training.

This morning I had a green juice with my breakfast (an organic feta/spinach/egg white burrito) and some watermelon. My lunch/snacks at work today include cherry tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, half an avocado, chicken, romaine, red pepper hummus and a kiwi.I've been eating so many fruits and vegetables lately, I would think I should start feeling like Wonder Woman. But I don't.

My skin is starting to freak out on me and I'm not sure why - little red bumps here and there on my chin and cheeks. I've always had great skin and I worry when things start to go awry. I thought with incorporating so many veggies into my diet things would start to clear up - where's my miraculous juice boost, people? Am I allergic to something I don't know of yet?

My chiropractic appointment went well last night - albeit very short. My doctor is back after being gone for a few weeks so I'm glad to work with him again and see the lay of the land regarding my back and left side. It's been about 3 months since my car accident and I'm slowly starting to feel better, but I still have pain with certain movements or every day chores. I try not to let it bring me down though. Baby steps, right?

I bought a groupon for a month's membership to hot yoga today too. I'm excited to get in the hot box again and stretch out some really tight and sore muscles. I may attempt to go this Sunday. I'll be back later to post how my workout went. Hopefully this old body can keep up.

Here's my morning green juice recipe, I alter it sometimes with kale or leave out the ginger/lemon if I don't have it on hand:

1 cup organic baby spinach
1 bunch organic celery
1/2 organic english cucumber
1/2 lemon (no rind)
1 carrot
1 organic granny smith apple
1 inch of fresh ginger



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triggered by Jeggings

Finding Flexitarian

Success is Never a Straight Line