Gotta Push Up to Get Down

I Well, I didn't make it back to the gym after work last night, but I did go home and knock out some shoulder presses with 25# dumb bells, 5x5, and in between did a set of 12 push ups. I hung out in the garage (literally) and toyed around with my body band for assisted pull ups and leg raises. I feel like I've gotten a few millimeters closer to pulling myself up. It's going to be a long, long process.Also, my hands are beginning to feel like sandpaper. Go callous, go!

I made some chana masala last night with potatoes and mushrooms for dinner so I got my carb fix. I did not want to wake up this morning (still battling never ending fatigue), but 5:45 am came and up we went to the gym. I've got to start prepping the BF better the night before so we can get out of the house earlier. I'm not getting to the gym until about 7 am, which puts me on a machine by 7:10 and only gives me 30-35 min to work out before I have to make myself presentable for work. I fear the day I forget my bra or bring an extra set of workout pants instead of work pants...Can I get an early dismissal for inappropriate work attire? Yes, Please.

I may have to go to the gym tonight to get an extra 20-30 minutes in. I'm trying lean out and upping my cardio is the only way I think that will work.

I ran interval sprints (walk 90sec, jog @ 6mph 1min, sprint @8 for 1 minute) this morning for 25 min and ended up doing 4x12 sets of push-ups. This morning I did variations with wide stance, narrow stance and triangle stance to work all sides of my triceps. Needless to say I was beet faced red and sweaty up until at least half an hour into my work day. I hate that.

Breakfast was:
  • half an avocado
  • boiled egg
  • trader joe's wheat and corn tortilla with kale, cheese and refried black beans
Lunch will be my usual spicy peanut Chinese chicken salad with a smattering of protein rich snacks throughout the day. I'm aiming for 1860 cal a day to see if it works.

I've been looking back through my Instagram and realizing that it's been almost a year since I've re-started this journey. I'm trying to not get upset at the fact that the same jeans I tried to fit into I STILL cannot fit into, nor has my weight gone down at all. I think my body really took a hit with the hysterectomy surgery, and even though I have my ovaries, my hormones and stress levels can't be completely normal.

I have taken matters back into my own hands again though and decided to start back on an old prescription with the advice of my doctor. We'll see if this helps my mindset or my body start reacting the way it should. I know I've come a long way with my knowledge, dedication and strength, now it's time to really focus and honing in on specific goals.

My pants are too bright for 6am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triggered by Jeggings

Finding Flexitarian

Success is Never a Straight Line