A case of the Mondays

Banner day, today. First I get told by dermatologist that losing weight would help with a skin condition (gee, thanks) and then I got turned down for a job I had gone through two phone interviews with. Coupled with not being able to work out this morning, forgetting my gym socks for tonight and other work woes, Monday royally fits the stereotype of suckage today.

This weekend I rallied though and did my first 5k in a long time. I survived the 3.1 miles and did it in about 36 minutes. Not bad, not great. I got home and iced and rested and took a bunch of ibuprofen. I had done some mild weight lifting in the morning, so jazzing myself up for a 6pm run through the streets of Oakland was not on my list of favorite things, but it was fun.

I'm glad I did it though. I ran it alone and made a new friend via Twitter. I enjoyed seeing all the other women run, in costume or not and just the vibe of being downtown on a Saturday night and not going to a bar, but sweating my ass off, plugging along the city streets, huffing and puffing and waving at cute cops at traffic stops.

Taking a day off today--unintentionally--but maybe I need it. I'm still in a hermit mode. I fear that it will only get worse now that the holiday season is approaching and I have some goals I'd like to work on in the gym before January. I got 3 months to keep my rally going.



This broad ran Broadway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success is Never a Straight Line

Triggered by Jeggings

Biting the Bullet