Monday Grind

Back to the work week. Another case of the Mondays. We let a team member go at work today, so I have more duties to look forward to. Yay.

Took yesterday as a rest day since it's been so HOT in the Bay Area and I was still sore in the calves from Saturday's work out, I knew not to push it. I worked out after work on Friday and just jogged for 30 minutes, did 70 push ups. I got up early on Saturday and hit chest/back/legs. I managed to PR on a bench press, 105 pounds. It was 3 reps, but I gotta take it easy on my tendinitis. I hate it!

Again, I've been told by my PT to lay off heavy weights and any back exercises, so I'm sticking to upper body and lighter weights, higher reps. No dead lifts, no thrusts, no KB swings etc for a while :(, but I can surely work out my shoulders and upper back and glutes! I'm seriously obsessed with growing my ass. I try to squat at least 3 times a week seriously (at the rack) and try to incorporate a few body weight or light barbell movements in some upper body compound movements. Gets the old heart rate up!

Today's workout:
Y Raises 3x10 @8lbs
T Raises 3x10 @8lbs
Rear delt fly 3x10@12.5 lbs
Seated Arnold Press 3x10 @20lbs
DB Bench Press 3x12 @20lbs
Barbell (BB) Bench Press 3x12 @45lbs
BB bicep curls, 3x10  30lbs
BB shoulder pulls, 3x10 @30lbs
BB squat to bench, (narrow and wide) 4x10 @45lbs
and just for fun,  kettlebell (18lb) squat shoulder press, 10 reps each leg

By the end my shoulders had burned out, so I didn't want to push it anymore with the KB.

Oh, how I love you.
I meal prepped a little cleaner this week, with ground turkey and Bragg's amino acids with some brown rice, peas and steamed broccoli. I ate half an english muffin with some peanut butter pre-workout and I think it helped me out.

I also have found my new love, pumpkin ice cream from Trader Joes. Oh, the spoon I ate it with was clean...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Flexitarian

Success is Never a Straight Line

Triggered by Jeggings