The Trackin' Wagon



Well, 2015 is in full effect and I'm back on the wagon. Fun time is over, as said best by Red Foreman.
Mmm poke.
I let myself have a week off for vacation. No tracking, highly caloric booze intake, carbs were eaten, long walks were had and though I indulged, I also made smart choices throughout my fun times. Even though I did partake in some loco moco in Hawaii, I also enjoyed a fantastic tuna poke and avocado salad as well for dinner one night. I'm sure it doesn't make up for the amount of Mai Tais I had every day starting around 2pm. While they were delicious, I could totally tell the sugar and juice intake were going to be the death of me. That, and when you eat out at a restaurant, food is so much saltier than when made at home. I felt like a giant salt lick a couple of times, but it was worth it. 

While it was a beach vacation, I didn't bust out into my usual hives thinking about getting into a bathing suit like I usually do. I actually wore a two-piece...twice! Sure I refused to wear a non-skirt bottom and never pranced around a populated area, but I tried to relax and not give a flying fuck what people thought of me, or what I was happy/unhappy with. That worked for the most part, but I was still self-conscious and picking apart images like these with thoughts of how much farther I have to go. But you know what? Do you know the major non-scale victory here? I ALLOWED myself to be photographed like this. In daylight. Without my face covered. By my boyfriend. Thar she blows, my belly, in all its glory. Also, my belly button is now huge. I blame the hernia surgery for that one. Grrr.

The day after we got back, I hit the gym and ran 4 miles. I chugged a ton of water. We were leaving for a wine tasting trip in Central Coast the next day, so I had to do something. I overindulged yet again and didn't track ANY thing on myfitnesspal, but sometimes you need to do that. I met with my health coach yesterday and had to face the music. I got on the scale and was pleasantly surprised.

According to her metrics, I actually lost .2lbs. My fat percentage went up (I knew it would) and my muscle LOSS was a sad 3 pounds, but I can get that back soon I think. I managed to run 4 miles again in under 45 minutes on Tuesday, which is a time I have not seen in YEARS. This gives me hope. My body seemed to be bouncing back from excess instead of harboring onto it like an old Russian woman with a grudge. 

Today I tried a day of strength training, it's been a few weeks. My shoulder and tendinitis still give me pain, so I'm going super light on the weights and trying to maintain. I meet with my trainer for some circuit training tonight after work and I'm dreading it. I don't think I can go through a hellish workout tonight and not pay for it...oy. 

Overall, I think I'm back on track. I logged back into myfitnesspal and it's back to meal prep. I have a goal to lose 2 lbs by next weigh-in, putting me in the 160's. I haven't seen that range in 2 years. I'm going to see if I can run 4 miles now instead of the usual 3 I do for my cardio. It's time to up the game.

In other news, I may actually sign up for my first nutrition class at a nearby college. It's only a seminar/overview of the curriculum, but I gotta start somewhere. I'm also getting my CPR certification this weekend. This is all crap I should've done 2 years ago, but better late than never.

Also, say hi to Richard. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake, Rattle and Roll

Success is Never a Straight Line

Biting the Bullet