Back to Reality

I had the pleasure of attending a girls getaway weekend this past week for a dear friend before her wedding. It was great to get out of the city and head to Napa, CA. Car rides full of 90s music, tasteless jokes and grocery store field trips make me happy.

Even though I ended up drinking a little too much vino the first night, I managed to pull off a great dinner for the seven of us. I seem to always overdo the first night with booze.  It's almost like I wake up that morning and act like prohibition has just ended and goddammit I'm going to make up for lost time! I'm too old for that crap.

While sitting in traffic I pulled off a menu in my mind of an Italian rice salad with roasted vegetables and mozzarella balls, grilled portabello caps, artichokes and red onions with a garden salad and some roasted chicken added to the mix. Needless to say, dinner was a success and healthy.


The Spread
It was a weekend of girl time, a massage for my weary body since I had pretty much worked out for 10 days in a row. I somehow managed to tweak my shoulder on Thursday while waiting for the bus and then got a terrible charlie horse Friday night, so I took the whole weekend off to recuperate. That being said, I pretty much spent all of Saturday floating on a pool noodle doing some version of  geriatric aerobics. My friend and I did do some drunken push ups before dinner on Saturday night, so it's safe to say we sweat for our supper.

Sweet fruit of the Gods.
Back to the gym this morning for some long overdue weights and a quick run on the treadmill. I was not feeling it when I woke up. My dog has not been feeling well these past few days and on medication, so I wanted to cuddle with my fur baby a little longer. I also didn't sleep very this weekend and have already started the week off with no meal prep and limited gym time due to the BF's work schedule.

I was lucky enough to have already chosen my gym outfit but was struggling for my work attire. You'd think that as a middle aged woman (gag), I'd have a grasp of the closet situation. Instead, I have the fashion sense of an unemployed teenager...or so normcore that anything outside the realm of yoga pants, workout clothes or pajamas scares the hell out of me. Look at my workout gear though and you can't hear yourself above the loudness of my compression pants. Le Sigh.

I have yet to succomb to the need of a blazer, but with my arms and She-Hulk like strength, I need stretchy, forgiving material still. I am at a loss for nude colored undergarments, so every top I have is a Russian roulette of 50 shades of tittay. I also lost a shoe this weekend, so that's one less pair of acceptable flats for office attire. My goal this month is to buy some key wardrobe pieces so I'm not running around in cardigans with holes made by my pup, tops I've had since I was temping 10 years ago and shoes that don't require me to place them in the freezer because they smell.

Today's workout:

Lat Pull Downs/Closed Narrow Grip Pull Downs: 2x10 @75 (I was killing time to get a bench)
Skull crushers 3x10 @35lb barbell
Shoulder pulls 3x10 @35lb barbell
Good Mornings: 3x10 @35lb barbell
Squats to bench 1x10 @ 35lb barbell, 2x10 @45lb barbell
Lunges with 45lb barbell, 2x12 on each leg
Tricep dips, 2x5 (Trying to get lower on the captains chair)
Leg raises on the captains chair (2x10)
15 min run/walk on the treadmill, 1.25 mi

I'm going to aim for my daily routine of 36-50 pushups when I get home and get some hang time in the garage for my pull up/chin up training.

*update, I did not make the home workout, but I think doing 4 loads of laundry got my heart rate up!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake, Rattle and Roll

Success is Never a Straight Line

Biting the Bullet