Wednesday Workout

Impressive stats for the morning so far: My breakfast had 42 grams of protein in it and I think I squatted my ass off during my work out.

For some reason the dog woke us up around 3 am this morning and I could not for the life of me get back to sleep. I keep reading memories and clips and social media messages of Robin Williams to pass the time. I laid awake dreading the morning sun and the soon to be slog of getting my ass to the gym.

I only had about 40 minutes to work with, and even with my pre-workout, I just could not manage cardio. I walked by the cardio machines and gave them the death stare. I thought to myself "It's time to work the legs. It's going to be leg day." I started with the leg extension machine and got 3 sets of 10 in but really had no desire to be on a machine. Ever since they reorganized the gym it's become a misguided, misdirected array of fitness machines and the set up irks me. I'd rather just be in the weights section, small as it is.

I pulled up a bench and did the following with a 35# barbell:

  • Skull crushers 10 reps
  • Barbell bench press, 15 reps
  • Shoulder pulls, 10 reps
  • Overhead press, 10 reps
  • Good Mornings, 10 reps
  • Lunges, 10 on each leg, 10 reps
  • Front squats, 10 reps
  • Squat to bench, 15 reps

I repeated that circuit 3 times. I pretty much could barely stand up after the last bench squat. Afterwards,  I grabbed a set of 5lb dumb bells and did some rotator cuff and shoulder work. I'm trying to prep for my bench presses this weekend or possibly tomorrow. During my insomnia I read about some stabilizer exercises to do that help with the rotator cuff strength. I just did high reps with a low weight:


To end, I did 3 sets of 12 push ups and two 45 sec planks. It was all I had time for. This week is a bit off since I have errands to run after work and I can't do a second workout due to doggie duty.  My friend's wedding is Saturday morning and I'm hoping the BF and I can squeeze in a good workout before. A vegetarian buffet will be served and I'm not worried about eating an unhealthy amount of food.

Even though I did not get my heart rate up consistently, I can definitely feel it already in my arms and it's only been a few hours. Here's hoping to some strength and flexibility and the loss of some girth! I keep reading how it's important to build a muscle foundation first before losing fat, so I hope I'm doing it right.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake, Rattle and Roll

Success is Never a Straight Line

Triggered by Jeggings